Indians reportedly acquire Brad Hand, Adam Cimber from Padres for Francisco Mejia
The Cleveland Indians will acquire relievers Brad Hand and Adam Cimber from the San Diego Padres in exchange for catcher Francisco Mejia, reports Ken Rosenthal and Robert Murray of The Athletic.
Hand should be able to provide an upgrade to an Indians' bullpen that ranks a woeful 29th in the majors this season with a 5.28 ERA. The 28-year-old southpaw converted on 24-of-29 save chances for the Padres in the first half. Fellow relievers Andrew Miller and Cody Allen are set to hit free agency this winter, so this gives Cleveland some options moving forward. Kirby Yates is expected to take over ninth-inning work for the Padres.
Hand averaged 7.2 FanDuel points in 41 appearances during the first half and spun a 3.05 ERA with 65 strikeouts and 15 walks across 44 1/3 innings.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Indians' Mike Clevinger (knee) to throw bullpen Monday March 9th, 2020
- Indians' Carlos Carrasco (hip) makes spring training debut Tuesday March 4th, 2020
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger (knee) participates in throwing drills from 150 feet on Tuesday March 3rd, 2020
- Indians' Mike Clevinger (knee) out 6-to-8 weeks February 15th, 2020
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger scheduled for surgery after suffering left knee injury February 14th, 2020
- Indians officially sign Domingo Santana to one-year contract on Friday February 14th, 2020