Alex Colome sent from Tampa to Seattle in four-player trade
The Tampa Bay Rays have traded pitcher Alex Colome to the Seattle Mariners, along with outfielder Denard Span, in exchange for minor-league pitchers Andrew Moore and Tommy Romero.
Colome, the Rays' closer, had gotten back on track after a rough start to the year, notching 5 saves in the last two weeks. His role in Seattle will shift away from closing duties with Edwin Diaz holding on firmly to the job, leaving Colome to be used as a setup man.
Colome has converted 11-of-13 saves chances this season, posting a 4.15 ERA with 23 strikeouts in 21 2/3 innings.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- White Sox's Michael Kopech set to debut Tuesday March 8th, 2020
- White Sox's Lucas Giolito (chest) on track to pitch Friday March 2nd, 2020
- Yoan Moncada starting for Chicago on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Leury Garcia not in Chicago's Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Chicago's Welington Castillo starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Eloy Jimenez starting on Friday for White Sox September 27th, 2019