Tim Anderson taking seat Thursday afternoon for White Sox
Chicago White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson is not in the starting lineup for Thursday afternoon's series finale against right-hander Carlos Hernandez and the Kansas City Royals.
Anderson appears to be taking a routine breather in Thursday's matinee. Danny Mendick is covering shortstop while Andrew Vaughn plays second base. Adam Engel is playing left field and Billy Hamilton is making a start in center field.
Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the White Sox have the highest implied total in the majors on Thursday (5.4 runs). Among qualified pitchers this season, Hernandez's walk rate (15.9 percent) ranks in the bottom three percent and his hard hit rate (46.5 percent) ranks in the bottom seven percent.
- Max Stassi catching for Angels on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki out of Angels' Tuesday lineup against Houston September 21st, 2021
- Juan Lagares in center field for Los Angeles on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Brandon Marsh sent to Angels' bench on Tuesday night September 21st, 2021
- Dodgers place Cody Bellinger (rib) on injured list, Luke Raley to start on Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Chicago's Alfonso Rivas (finger) scratched on Tuesday, Trayce Thompson batting seventh September 21st, 2021
- Brian Goodwin on White Sox's bench Tuesday afternoon September 21st, 2021
- Gavin Sheets sitting for White Sox Tuesday afternoon September 21st, 2021
- Jose Abreu joining White Sox's bench Monday September 20th, 2021
- White Sox's Romy Gonzalez grabbing seat Monday September 20th, 2021
- Zack Collins sitting for White Sox in Detroit September 20th, 2021
- Cesar Hernandez starting for White Sox on Sunday September 19th, 2021