Mitch Garver (hand) on Minnesota's sidelines Wednesday afternoon
Minnesota Twins catcher Mitch Garver (hand) is not in the starting lineup for Wednesday afternoon's series finale against right-hander Wily Peralta and the Detroit Tigers.
Garver recorded a grand slam in Tuesday's 6-5 extra-innings loss, but he had to leave in the bottom of the 10th when he was struck in his right hand by a pitch. X-rays revealed that Garver avoided structural damage, but he's still going to need a day or two to recover. Ryan Jeffers is catching for J.A. Happ on Wednesday afternoon and hitting eighth. Miguel Sano is covering cleanup duties and Max Kepler is leading off as Minnesota's designated hitter.
numberFire’s models project Kepler for 11.9 FanDuel points and he has a $3,700 salary on Wednesday. Sano ($3,000) is projected for 11.7 FanDuel points. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Twins have the third-highest implied total in the majors on Wednesday (5.2 runs).
- Pirates' Anthony Alford sitting Monday versus Reds September 20th, 2021
- Pirates place Jacob Stallings on concussion list September 20th, 2021
- Pirates' Bryan Reynolds batting third Monday September 20th, 2021
- Michael Perez behind Pirates' plate Monday September 20th, 2021
- Pirates-Reds first pitch delayed by rain Monday September 20th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Ke'Bryan Hayes resting on Monday September 20th, 2021
- Ben Rortvedt catching for Twins on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Twins' Jake Cave batting eighth on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Luis Arraez leading off for Twins on Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Nick Gordon handling shortstop position for Twins on Saturday September 18th, 2021
- Minnesota's Luiz Arraez resting on Saturday afternoon September 18th, 2021
- Twins place Rob Refsnyder (elbow) on 10-day injured list September 18th, 2021