Danny Santana (groin) going on Red Sox IL
The Boston Red Sox are placing infielder/outfielder Danny Santana on the 10-day injured list with a groin injury.
Santana exited Wednesday's game early due left groin tightness. The Red Sox are reportedly calling up Franchy Cordero from Triple-A Worcester in a corresponding roster move. Alex Verdugo will enter the lineup in place of Santana on Thursday to play left field and hit seventh versus left-hander Jordan Montgomery and the New York Yankees.
numberFire’s models project Verdugo for 8.4 FanDuel points and he has a $2,600 salary on Thursday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Red Sox have the third-best implied total (5.1 runs) out of the 16 teams available for the main slate on Thursday night.
- Philadelphia's J.T Realmuto batting in cleanup spot on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Luis Urias sitting for Milwaukee on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Cleveland's Harold Ramirez in left field on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Yu Chang heads to Cleveland's bench on Friday evening September 24th, 2021
- Bradley Zimmer leading off for Cleveland on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Miami's Payton Henry catching on Friday evening September 24th, 2021
- Bobby Dalbec sitting for Boston on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Hunter Renfroe batting seventh for Boston on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Kevin Plawecki on Boston's bench Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Hunter Renfroe resting Tuesday for Red Sox September 21st, 2021
- Alex Verdugo starting Sunday for Boston September 19th, 2021
- Boston's Kyle Schwarber sitting Sunday September 19th, 2021