Kris Bryant (hamstring) on Cubs' bench Wednesday
Chicago Cubs third baseman/left fielder Kris Bryant (hamstring) is not in the starting lineup for Wednesday's game against right-hander Adam Wainwright and the St. Louis Cardinals.
Bryant was removed from Tuesday's win over the Cardinals with right hamstring fatigue, and Cubs manager David Ross said afterward that his four-time veteran would likely be held out of Wednesday's lineup. It sounds like a day-to-day issue. Ian Happ will replace Bryant in left field on Wednesday and hit fifth. Javier Baez is in the leadoff spot.
numberFire’s models project Happ for 8.8 FanDuel points and he has a $2,400 salary on Wednesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Cubs have the fourth-lowest implied total in the majors on Wednesday (3.8 runs). Wainwright is registering a 22.9 strikeout percentage with a 6.9 walk percentage this season.
- Tigers' Daz Cameron sitting Monday afternoon versus lefty September 27th, 2021
- Gavin Sheets sitting for White Sox versus Tigers September 27th, 2021
- Billy Hamilton on White Sox's bench Monday September 27th, 2021
- Tim Anderson absent from White Sox lineup Monday afternoon September 27th, 2021
- Ben Gamel on Pittsburgh bench Monday afternoon September 27th, 2021
- Pirates' Taylor Davis catching Monday September 27th, 2021
- Giants' Donovan Solano batting seventh on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Curt Casali catching for Giants on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Kris Bryant batting third for Giants on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Giants' Evan Longoria batting fifth on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Mike Yastrzemski batting sixth for Giants on Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Evan Longoria not in Giants' Saturday lineup September 25th, 2021