Boston's Christian Arroyo (hamstring) headed to 10-day IL
Boston Red Sox shortstop Christian Arroyo (hamstring) will be placed on the 10-day injured list ahead of Monday's game with the Toronto Blue Jays.
Arroyo strained his hamstring during Sunday night's loss against the New York Yankees and was subsequently pulled from that game. After further testing, Arroyo will now be placed on the 10-day IL as he recovers.
Arroyo has been enjoying a career year with the Sox, putting up career-bests in batting average (.271), OPS (.792) and home runs (6) while scoring 6 home runs, 21 runs, and 25 RBI in 170 plate appearances. Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.
- Chad Pinder sitting on Friday for Oakland September 24th, 2021
- Seattle's Luis Torrens batting fifth on Friday night September 24th, 2021
- Mariners starting Tom Murphy at catcher on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Reese McGuire catching for Blue Jays on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Santiago Espinal batting eighth for Toronto on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Lourdes Gurriel (hand) sitting for Toronto on Friday September 24th, 2021
- Bobby Dalbec sitting for Boston on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Hunter Renfroe batting seventh for Boston on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Kevin Plawecki on Boston's bench Tuesday September 21st, 2021
- Hunter Renfroe resting Tuesday for Red Sox September 21st, 2021
- Alex Verdugo starting Sunday for Boston September 19th, 2021
- Boston's Kyle Schwarber sitting Sunday September 19th, 2021