Travis Shaw sitting for Toronto on Thursday
Toronto Blue Jays infielder Travis Shaw is not in the starting lineup for Thursday's series opener against left-hander Jordan Montgomery and the New York Yankees.
Cavan Biggio will shift to third base in place of Shaw while Jonathan Villar will start on second base and bat eighth. Shaw went 1-for-5 with an RBI, a run, and 3 strikeouts on Wednesday after being scratched from Tuesday's lineup due to back spasms.
numberFire's models expect Villar to score 8.0 FanDuel points on Thursday with a salary of $2,700. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Blue Jays currently have an implied total of 4.7 runs.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Travis Shaw starting for Blue Jays versus Rays in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Jonathan Villar on Blue Jays' bench Wednesday in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Teoscar Hernandez in right field for Toronto in Wild Card opener September 29th, 2020
- Blue Jays' Alejandro Kirk at DH Tuesday in Game 1 September 29th, 2020
- Matt Shoemaker toeing rubber for Blue Jays in Game 1 September 28th, 2020
- Randal Grichuk in Toronto's Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020