Giants' Johnny Cueto 'in line' to start Opening Day
San Francisco Giants starting pitcher Johnny Cueto is "definitely in line" to start Opening Day, Giants manager Gabe Kapler said.
These comments came before Cueto was tagged for 5 runs on 9 hits in just 1 2/3 innings in Cactus League play on Tuesday. The 34-year-old now owns a 12.79 ERA and 2.37 WHIP over 6 1/3 innings this spring. He's returning from Tommy John surgery and has made just 13 appearances over the last two seasons.
numberFire's models project Cueto for a 4.19 ERA and 1.33 WHIP with 118 strikeouts and 49 walks this season.
- Pirates' Chris Archer (neck, shoulder) out until 2021 June 3rd, 2020
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Giants' Johnny Cueto 'in line' to start Opening Day March 11th, 2020
- Giants' Tyler Beede to get a second opinion on injured elbow March 8th, 2020
- Kevin Pillar riding pine for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Crawford starting for Giants in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Belt on first as Giants finish season versus Dodgers September 29th, 2019
- Giants' Joey Rickard starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019