Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday
Cincinnati Reds third baseman Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) will appear in Friday's Cactus League game as a designated hitter, per Reds manager David Bell.
Suarez is already nearing a return after having surgery performed on his shoulder in January. The Reds will play it safe with their slugger, but his odds of playing in the Reds' season opener later this month are trending up.
numberFire projects Suarez to bat .262 in 2020, with a solid 36 home runs, 8 runs, 98 RBI and 3 stolen bases.
- Victor Caratini catching Sunday for Padres June 20th, 2021
- Fernando Tatis Jr. (shoulder) not in Padres' lineup Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Ha-Seong Kim starting Sunday for Padres June 20th, 2021
- Trent Grisham back in centerfield for Padres Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Tommy Pham sitting Sunday for Padres June 20th, 2021
- Daulton Varsho in Arizona's Sunday lineup June 20th, 2021
- Nick Castellanos sitting Sunday for Reds June 20th, 2021
- Shogo Akiyama batting seventh Sunday for Cincinnati June 20th, 2021
- Tyler Stephenson sitting Sunday for Reds June 20th, 2021
- Tucker Barnhart catching for Reds Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Tyler Stephenson hitting sixth for Reds on Saturday June 19th, 2021
- Eugenio Suarez returns to Reds' lineup Thursday June 17th, 2021