Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday
Cincinnati Reds outfielder Nick Senzel (shoulder) will make his Cactus League debut on Thursday.
Senzel will play designated hitter in his first game since having surgery last September to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He still has some progress to make, but the 24-year-old outfielder said he has "a good feeling that I should be ready to go for Opening Day." Senzel slashed .256/.315/.427 with 12 homers, 42 RBI, and 14 stolen bases in 104 games last year as a rookie.
numberFire's models project Senzel to bat .262 with 14 homers, 46 RBI, 55 runs scored, and 12 steals this season.
- Victor Caratini catching Sunday for Padres June 20th, 2021
- Fernando Tatis Jr. (shoulder) not in Padres' lineup Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Ha-Seong Kim starting Sunday for Padres June 20th, 2021
- Trent Grisham back in centerfield for Padres Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Tommy Pham sitting Sunday for Padres June 20th, 2021
- Daulton Varsho in Arizona's Sunday lineup June 20th, 2021
- Nick Castellanos sitting Sunday for Reds June 20th, 2021
- Shogo Akiyama batting seventh Sunday for Cincinnati June 20th, 2021
- Tyler Stephenson sitting Sunday for Reds June 20th, 2021
- Tucker Barnhart catching for Reds Sunday June 20th, 2021
- Tyler Stephenson hitting sixth for Reds on Saturday June 19th, 2021
- Eugenio Suarez returns to Reds' lineup Thursday June 17th, 2021