Giancarlo Stanton (quad) sitting again for Yankees in ALCS Game 3
New York Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton (quad) is not starting in Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against right-hander Gerrit Cole and the Houston Astros on Tuesday afternoon.
Stanton also sat out Game 2 with a right quadriceps strain, but manager Aaron Boone says the slugger is available off the bench Tuesday. Brett Gardner, Aaron Hicks, and Aaron Judge are in the outfield for the Yankees as the series shifts to New York.
The Yankees are home underdogs with an implied total of 3.42 runs in Game 3.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion returns to the Yankees' lineup on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton sitting on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting for New York in ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (quad) returns to the lineup for ALCS Game 5 on Friday October 18th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka starting in Thursday's Game 4 against Houston October 16th, 2019