Jared Walsh not in Angels' Thursday lineup
Los Angeles Angels infielder Jared Walsh is sitting on Thursday in the team's game against the Houston Astros.
Walsh is being replaced at first base by Albert Pujols against Astros starter Wade Miley. Pujols will vacate the designated hitter spot, which will be assumed by Taylor Ward. That allows Michael Hermosillo to play left field, and he'll bat ninth in the order.
In 83 plate appearances this season, Walsh has a .211 batting average and a .619 OPS.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Sunday for Los Angeles September 29th, 2019
- Kevan Smith not in Angels' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Angels' Brian Goodwin hitting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Kevan Smith catching for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Angels' Taylor Ward in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Jared Walsh starting at first base for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019