Michael Chavis put on Red Sox's injured list with shoulder sprain
The Boston Red Sox placed infielder Michael Chavis on the 10-day injured list with an AC sprain in his left shoulder.
Chavis made an early exit from Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Angels, but it's not clear how or when the injury occurred. The Red Sox recalled infielder Marco Hernandez from Triple-A Pawtucket in a corresponding roster move.
The 24-year-old rookie is batting .254/.322/.444 line with 18 home runs and 58 RBI through his first 382 plate appearances in the bigs (95 games).
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale has left flexor strain March 5th, 2020
- Red Sox' Xander Bogaerts (ankle) makes spring debut on Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Boston to get another opinion on Chris Sale (elbow) March 4th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (sore elbow) undergoing MRI March 3rd, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020