Toronto's Lourdes Gurriel (quad) going on injured list
Toronto Blue Jays infielder Lourdes Gurriel has been diagnosed with a Grade 1 left quad strain and will be placed on the injured list prior to Saturday's game.
The Jays initially though Gurriel was dealing with a cramp but the MRI showed a more severe injury. He is likely to miss at least a couple of weeks. Brock Stewart is expected to be promoted in a corresponding move Saturday.
Gurriel is batting .279 with 19 homers, 50 runs, and 47 RBI over 321 plate appearances this season.
- Robinson Chirinos catching for Astros in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton (quad) still sidelined for Yankees in ALCS Game 4 October 17th, 2019
- Houston's Zack Greinke announced as Thursday's Game 4 starter October 16th, 2019
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka starting in Thursday's Game 4 against Houston October 16th, 2019
- Yankees-Astros ALCS Game 4 postponed to Thursday October 16th, 2019
- Nationals complete sweep of Cardinals, Howie Kendrick named 2019 NLCS MVP October 16th, 2019
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (knee) out again for Blue Jays in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Breyvic Valera starting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Drury sitting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Reese McGuire heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Billy McKinney absent from Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Derek Fisher heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday afternoon September 28th, 2019