Zack Cozart (shoulder) won't return in 2019 for Los Angeles
Los Angeles Angels general manager Billy Eppler told reporters that infielder Zack Cozart will undergo shoulder surgery on July 17 and will not return in the 2019 season.
Cozart has been out since late-May with a shoulder injury and apparently, his rest and rehabilitation has not been working. The veteran infielder hopes to be ready to go by the start of the 2020 season.
Cozart was batting just .124 with 0 homers and 7 RBI through 107 plate appearances this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Tommy La Stella starting on Sunday for Los Angeles September 29th, 2019
- Kevan Smith not in Angels' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Angels' Brian Goodwin hitting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Kevan Smith catching for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Angels' Taylor Ward in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Jared Walsh starting at first base for the Angels on Saturday September 28th, 2019