Jake Odorizzi put on Twins' injured list with blister
The Minnesota Twins placed starting pitcher Jake Odorizzi on the 10-day injured list with a blister on his right middle finger.
Odorizzi was lifted in the fourth inning of Tuesday's game against the Oakland Athletics. He had already allowed 6 runs (5 earned) at that point. It's not a serious blister, but the 29-year-old right-hander will miss his next scheduled start Sunday before the All-Star break. He will have time to get back on track after giving up 16 runs over his past 18 1/3 innings, compared to 15 runs across his first 70 1/3 frames this season. The Twins recalled righty Zack Littell from Triple-A Rochester in a corresponding roster move.
Odorizzi owns a 3.15 ERA and 1.12 WHIP with 96 strikeouts and 30 walks over 88 2/3 innings (17 starts) this season.
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- MLB Opening Day delayed “at least 2 weeks” March 12th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) to take live batting practice Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return February 15th, 2020
- Twins' Jake Cave starting Saturday in Game 2 October 5th, 2019
- C.J. Cron sitting Saturday for Minnesota October 5th, 2019
- Max Kepler (shoulder) starting for Twins in Game 1 Friday October 4th, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez (oblique) starting ALDS Game 1 for Minnesota October 4th, 2019