Craig Kimbrel to be activated by the Cubs Thursday
Chicago Cubs pitcher Craig Kimbrel is on his way to Chicago and will be activated in time for Thursday's game.
Kimbrel signed with the Cubs back in early June and has been getting in shape down at Triple-A. He appears ready to roll and will be inserted as the team's closer right away. Pedro Strop is expected to move to a setup role. No word on the corresponding move yet.
Kimbrel posted a 2.74 ERA and 0.99 WHIP with 42 saves and 96 strikeouts in 62 1/3 innings pitched for the Boston Red Sox in 2018.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Cubs' Tyler Chatwood the front runner for fifth spot in rotation March 8th, 2020
- Ian Happ clears fence again for Cubs March 4th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019