Humberto Arteaga making MLB debut Thursday for Royals
The Kansas City Royals promoted infielder Humberto Arteaga from Triple-A Omaha.
Arteaga is making his MLB debut at shortstop and batting seventh in Thursday's series opener against right-hander Jake Odorizzi and the Minnesota Twins. He'll help out in the infield while Adalberto Mondesi recovers from a right groin injury. Nicky Lopez is back on second base Thursday and batting second. Whit Merrifield is in right field and leading off. Jorge Bonifacio is out of the lineup.
The 25-year-old was batting .292/.323/.388 with 5 home runs, 23 RBI, 32 runs scored, and 10 steals over 265 plate appearances (58 games) for Omaha.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Ryan McBroom in Royals' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Nicky Lopez not in Royals' Sunday lineup September 29th, 2019
- Nick Dini starting for Saturday for the Royals September 28th, 2019
- Kansas City's Humberto Arteaga in the starting lineup Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Royals' Erick Mejia starting Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Ryan McBroom not in the Royals' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019