Cubs' pitcher Pedro Strop (hamstring) activated from injured list
Chicago Cubs relief pitcher Pedro Strop (hamstring) has been activated from the 10-day injured list.
Strop missed nearly a month with a hamstring strain, but after tossing a few rehab appearances in Triple-A, he is ready to return to action for the Cubs. He is expected to resume his closing role with Steve Cishek returning to a setup role.
Strop has posted a 5.06 ERA and 1.13 WHIP with 11 strikeouts and 4 saves over 10 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- Reds' Shogo Akiyama to hit leadoff when in lineup in 2020 March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday March 3rd, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Brian O'Grady starting for Cincinnati in finale with Pirates September 29th, 2019
- Tucker Barnhart on Reds' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019