49ers' Brian Hoyer had quick trigger in Week 1
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brian Hoyer is the signal caller that was quickest at getting the ball out in Week 1, according to the Associated Press' Josh Dubow.
At 1.85 seconds per pass, Hoyer was the fastest to get rid of the ball in his Week 1 start against the Carolina Panthers. He was 0.19 seconds faster than the next-closest quarterback, Derek Carr (2.04 seconds per pass). This shouldn't come as a surprise given Hoyer's 4.2 adjusted yards per attempt, which ranks 26th of 31 eligible passers.
In Week 2's meeting with the Seattle Seahawks and their elite defense, don't expect anything better than Hoyer's Week 1 line (193 yards, 0 touchdowns and 1 interception). At $6,300, his projected output of 12.8 FanDuel points is the 4th-lowest among Sunday's starters.
- Robby Anderson expected to evolve for Jets this season July 19th, 2018
- Allen Robinson (knee) to enter Bears' training camp without restrictions July 19th, 2018
- Julio Jones reportedly won't receive new deal from Falcons July 19th, 2018
- Packers' Randall Cobb out of walking boot, feels 'great' July 19th, 2018
- Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Ricky Seals-Jones arrested for assault July 18th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski won't hold out for Patriots' training camp July 17th, 2018
- Pats' Julian Edelman loses appeal; 4-game suspension stands July 3rd, 2018
- Patriots' Julian Edelman's appeal scheduled for Monday June 25th, 2018
- Free agent Eric Decker eyeing up Patriots June 21st, 2018
- Rex Burkhead, James White seeing bulk of Patriots' first-team work June 13th, 2018
- Report: Patriots were shopping Rob Gronkowski prior to NFL Draft June 13th, 2018