49ers' Brian Hoyer had quick trigger in Week 1
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brian Hoyer is the signal caller that was quickest at getting the ball out in Week 1, according to the Associated Press' Josh Dubow.
At 1.85 seconds per pass, Hoyer was the fastest to get rid of the ball in his Week 1 start against the Carolina Panthers. He was 0.19 seconds faster than the next-closest quarterback, Derek Carr (2.04 seconds per pass). This shouldn't come as a surprise given Hoyer's 4.2 adjusted yards per attempt, which ranks 26th of 31 eligible passers.
In Week 2's meeting with the Seattle Seahawks and their elite defense, don't expect anything better than Hoyer's Week 1 line (193 yards, 0 touchdowns and 1 interception). At $6,300, his projected output of 12.8 FanDuel points is the 4th-lowest among Sunday's starters.
- Bucs sign Vinny Curry to three-year deal March 17th, 2018
- Ravens not ruling out re-signing Mike Wallace March 17th, 2018
- Colts release defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins March 17th, 2018
- Free agent Terrelle Pryor visiting Seahawks on Sunday March 17th, 2018
- Cowboys to release cornerback Orlando Scandrick March 17th, 2018
- Tampa Bay makes Ryan Jensen NFL's highest-paid center March 17th, 2018
- Patriots acquire Cordarrelle Patterson from Raiders March 18th, 2018
- Patriots extend veteran safety Patrick Chung March 17th, 2018
- Update: Patriots have twins, acquire Jason McCourty from Browns March 15th, 2018
- Rex Burkhead reportedly re-signs with Patriots on multi-year deal March 14th, 2018
- Browns deal defensive tackle Danny Shelton to Patriots March 10th, 2018
- Martellus Bennett released by Patriots March 7th, 2018