Dolphins' Jay Cutler could see 'fair share' of 1-on-1 opportunities
Miami Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler figures to get a good amount of 1-on-1 matchups against the Los Angeles Chargers, according to the Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad.
Cutler's debut with the Dolphins was put on hold thanks to Hurricane Irma. Now, instead of the Tampa Buccaneers, the Chargers will be the first defense he faces this season, and that might be to his disadvantage. While the Dolphins have two very physically talented receivers in Jarvis Landry and DeVante Parker, the Chargers boast a good one-two combo of their own at the corner position. So, as the Chargers look to get after Cutler and stuff the run, they could very well hold up against the quarterback's aggressive play style.
At a price of $6,900 for this week's road matchup, Cutler is projected for 202.6 yards, 1.18 touchdowns and 0.87 interceptions in his Miami debut. His Dolphins are 4.5-point favorites with an implied total of 24.75 points in Week 2.
- Robby Anderson expected to evolve for Jets this season July 19th, 2018
- Allen Robinson (knee) to enter Bears' training camp without restrictions July 19th, 2018
- Julio Jones reportedly won't receive new deal from Falcons July 19th, 2018
- Packers' Randall Cobb out of walking boot, feels 'great' July 19th, 2018
- Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Ricky Seals-Jones arrested for assault July 18th, 2018
- Frank Gore's age not a concern for Dolphins July 9th, 2018
- Dolphins unsure of Mike Gesicki's role to start the season June 9th, 2018
- Dolphins taking it easy with DeVante Parker heading into the 2018 season June 1st, 2018
- Ryan Tannehill (knee) to 'do everything' at Dolphins' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Gase: Dolphins' DeVante Parker doing 'a great job' so far this offseason May 10th, 2018
- Dolphins acquire Akeem Spence in trade with Lions May 3rd, 2018