Browns RB coach: Nick Chubb to see more pass work
Cleveland Browns running backs coach Stump Mitchell said Nick Chubb will "be used a little more in the passing game" this season.
“I think he’s going to be special like he was last year," Mitchell said of Chubb. “He’ll be used a little more in the passing game than he was last year. Nick just continues to improve on the skillset that he has, and I think he has a fantastic skillset." Chubb was targeted more once Freddie Kitchens took over for Hue Jackson last season and it sounds like the Browns want that trend to carry over into 2019. Duke Johnson's departure should also translate to more looks. Chubb finished with 20 catches on 29 targets as a rookie.
Chubb is a top-10 running back in numberFire's preseason numberFire's models expect Chubb to snag 40.1 receptions for 311.6 yards and 2.52 touchdowns this season. He's also pegged for 1,138.5 yards and 10.23 touchdowns on the ground. Chubb is a top-10 running back in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes throws for 443 yards, 4 touchdowns Sunday September 16th, 2019
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup undergoing knee MRI September 16th, 2019
- Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger may require elbow surgery September 16th, 2019
- Drew Brees (thumb) reportedly expected to sit Week 3 for Saints September 16th, 2019
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (calf) questionable to return in Week 2 September 15th, 2019
- Philadelphia's DeSean Jackson exits Week 2's game with a groin injury September 15th, 2019
- Cleveland's Nick Chubb ranked as Week 2's RB4 September 13th, 2019
- Browns' Dontrell Hilliard dealing with concussion September 10th, 2019
- Browns' Baker Mayfield underwent X-rays on hand September 9th, 2019
- Odell Beckham catches 7 for 71 yards in ugly Browns' loss September 9th, 2019
- Cleveland's Odell Beckham (hip) fully practices on Friday September 6th, 2019
- Odell Beckham (hip) not at full speed for Browns September 5th, 2019