Bears think Tarik Cohen saw 'little bit too much' work in 2018
Chicago Bears head coach Matt Nagy thinks he gave running back Tarik Cohen "a little bit too much" work last season.
"We moved [Cohen] around a lot last year, and I do feel like there was a time — probably later in the season — where we probably gave him a little bit too much," Nagy said Tuesday. "And when you mentally drain them, it pulls them back physically." The Bears drafted David Montgomery in the third round and added Cordarelle Patterson and Mike Davis in free agency, so it's won't be any surprise to see Cohen's touches scaled back in his third season.
numberFire's models expect Cohen to catch 62.8 passes for 567.5 yards and 2.94 touchdowns this season, with another 72.5 carries for 317.0 yards and 2.09 touchdowns. He's the RB35 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Darrel Williams expected to start for Chiefs over LeSean McCoy September 22nd, 2019
- Mark Andrews (foot) officially active for Ravens Week 3 September 22nd, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery (calf) officially out Sunday for Eagles September 22nd, 2019
- LeSean McCoy (ankle) playing as Chiefs host Ravens September 22nd, 2019
- Jimmy Graham (groin) active in Week 3 for Green Bay September 22nd, 2019
- T.Y. Hilton (quad) good to go for Colts versus Falcons September 22nd, 2019
- Bears' Trey Burton (groin) still limited on Thursday September 13th, 2019
- Trey Burton (groin) remains day to day for Chicago September 11th, 2019
- Trey Burton (groin) inactive for Bears in season opener on Thursday September 5th, 2019
- Trey Burton (groin) officially questionable Thursday night for Bears September 4th, 2019
- Bears' Trey Burton officially questionable for opener September 4th, 2019
- Bears' Trey Burton (groin) limited on Monday September 2nd, 2019