Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans
Free agent guard/forward Tony Allen is finalizing a one-year deal to join the New Orleans Pelicans, per Shams Charania ot The Vertical.
With the Pelicans in desperate need for wings, due to injuries, Allen may be the team's starting forward on opening day. A defensive specialist, the 35-year-old will likely play around 25 minutes per game in 2017-18.
Allen averaged 9.1 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 1.6 steals in 27.0 minutes per game for the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
- Celtics rule out Marcus Morris (knee) for Saturday November 24th, 2017
- Warriors' Jordan Bell starting against Chicago November 24th, 2017
- Suns' Marquese Chriss moves to the bench on Friday November 24th, 2017
- Suns' Greg Monroe starting on Friday November 24th, 2017
- Will Barton moves to the bench for Denver as Kenneth Faried starts against the Grizzlies November 24th, 2017
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried starting on Friday November 24th, 2017
- Anthony Davis drops 29 points in Pelicans' win on Wednesday November 23rd, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins double-doubles for Pelicans in win over Spurs November 23rd, 2017
- Pelicans' Tony Allen (knee) will play Wednesday against Spurs November 21st, 2017
- DeMarcus Cousins receives flagrant 2, ejected from Pelicans' win over Thunder November 21st, 2017
- Jrue Holiday goes for 18 points, 4 rebounds in Pelicans' win November 21st, 2017
- Rajon Rondo plays season-high 30 minutes on Monday night November 21st, 2017