Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter
The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick along with forward Quincy Pondexter from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
With the Bulls tanking and the Pelicans looking to free up their roster and some cap room, the deal is a win-win for both sides. Pondexter last saw NBA action in April of 2015 as he has missed the last two seasons with knee injuries. He is scheduled to make 3.8 million in 2017-18, the last year of a 4-year contract he signed with the Pels in 2014.
Pondexter has career averages of 5.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 18.1 minutes per game during his five-year NBA career.
- Celtics rule out Marcus Morris (knee) for Saturday November 24th, 2017
- Warriors' Jordan Bell starting against Chicago November 24th, 2017
- Suns' Marquese Chriss moves to the bench on Friday November 24th, 2017
- Suns' Greg Monroe starting on Friday November 24th, 2017
- Will Barton moves to the bench for Denver as Kenneth Faried starts against the Grizzlies November 24th, 2017
- Nuggets' Kenneth Faried starting on Friday November 24th, 2017
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen grabs a season-high 14 rebounds in Tuesday's loss November 22nd, 2017
- Justin Holiday shoots just 2-for-12 in Bulls' Tuesday loss November 22nd, 2017
- Jerian Grant moving to Bulls' bench on Wednesday versus Lakers November 21st, 2017
- Kris Dunn replacing Jerian Grant in Bulls' starting lineup on Wednesday, will remain in first unit long-term November 21st, 2017
- Zach LaVine (knee) could be back for Bulls by mid-December November 21st, 2017
- Bulls' Denzel Valentine plays 37 minutes in Sunday start November 20th, 2017