Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter
The Chicago Bulls are finalizing a deal to receive a second-round draft pick along with forward Quincy Pondexter from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to Shams Charania of The Vertical.
With the Bulls tanking and the Pelicans looking to free up their roster and some cap room, the deal is a win-win for both sides. Pondexter last saw NBA action in April of 2015 as he has missed the last two seasons with knee injuries. He is scheduled to make 3.8 million in 2017-18, the last year of a 4-year contract he signed with the Pels in 2014.
Pondexter has career averages of 5.3 points, 2.0 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 18.1 minutes per game during his five-year NBA career.
- Lou Williams returns to Clippers' bench versus Trail Blazers March 18th, 2018
- Milos Teodosic replaces Lou Williams in Clippers' lineup on Sunday night March 18th, 2018
- Nicolas Batum (Achilles) ruled out for Hornets on Monday March 18th, 2018
- Andrew Harrison (wrist) questionable for Grizzlies on Monday March 18th, 2018
- Dwyane Wade (hamstring) will remain out for Miami on Monday March 18th, 2018
- Dennis Smith Jr. ruled out for Mavericks on Tuesday due to ankle sprain March 18th, 2018
- Bulls' Noah Vonleh (toe) questionable for Monday's matchup March 18th, 2018
- Kris Dunn (toe) is out on Monday as Bulls host Knicks March 18th, 2018
- Lauri Markkanen (back) will sit out Monday in Chicago March 18th, 2018
- Zach LaVine (patellar tendinitis) listed as out for Bulls on Monday March 18th, 2018
- Bulls' Denzel Valentine scores career-high 34 points on Saturday March 18th, 2018
- Cristiano Felicio starting Saturday for Bulls March 17th, 2018