Kings' Zach Randolph charged with two misdemeanors following arrest
Sacramento Kings power forward Zach Randolph was charged with misdemeanor possession and misdemeanor resisting arrest after an August 9th arrest in Los Angeles.
Randolph was initially arrested for felony possession of marijuana with intent to sell, but prosecutors have reduced the charges down to the two misdemeanors. If convicted, Randolph could face a maximum of one year in prison but he's unlikely to see a jail cell with it being his first offense. It's more likely that Z-Bo is put on probation and ordered to do some type of community service. That's not the look the front office wanted the veteran to bring to a rebuilding Kings team. If Randolph faces any type of suspension for his actions, Skal Labissiere and Willie Cauley-Stein should see an increase in minutes to start the season.
Randolph signed a 2-year deal worth $24 million this summer. At 36 years old, he brings his 14.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game to a team that finished 25th in our power rankings a year ago.
- Andrew Bogut agrees to one-year deal with Lakers September 18th, 2017
- Brandon Rush signs deal with Bucks September 18th, 2017
- Mason Plumlee agrees to three-year deal with Nuggets September 18th, 2017
- Chicago Bulls finalizing deal for Quincy Pondexter August 31st, 2017
- Pelicans' Frank Jackson suffers broken right foot August 31st, 2017
- Lakers fined $500,000 for violating NBA's anti-tampering rules August 31st, 2017
- Tony Allen signing a one-year deal with New Orleans September 11th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Ben McLemore breaks bone in right foot August 8th, 2017
- Clippers, Timberwolves showing interest in Tony Allen July 13th, 2017
- Grizzlies sign Tyreke Evans to one-year deal July 7th, 2017
- Grizzlies considering trading Marc Gasol July 5th, 2017
- Kings sign Zach Randolph to a two-year, $24M deal July 4th, 2017