Kings' Zach Randolph charged with two misdemeanors following arrest
Sacramento Kings power forward Zach Randolph was charged with misdemeanor possession and misdemeanor resisting arrest after an August 9th arrest in Los Angeles.
Randolph was initially arrested for felony possession of marijuana with intent to sell, but prosecutors have reduced the charges down to the two misdemeanors. If convicted, Randolph could face a maximum of one year in prison but he's unlikely to see a jail cell with it being his first offense. It's more likely that Z-Bo is put on probation and ordered to do some type of community service. That's not the look the front office wanted the veteran to bring to a rebuilding Kings team. If Randolph faces any type of suspension for his actions, Skal Labissiere and Willie Cauley-Stein should see an increase in minutes to start the season.
Randolph signed a 2-year deal worth $24 million this summer. At 36 years old, he brings his 14.1 points and 8.2 rebounds per game to a team that finished 25th in our power rankings a year ago.
- 76ers send Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to Thunder July 19th, 2018
- Justin Anderson goes from 76ers to Hawks July 19th, 2018
- Mike Muscala reportedly moves from Hawks to 76ers July 19th, 2018
- Thunder reportedly acquire Dennis Schroder from Hawks for Melo July 19th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony reportedly traded from Thunder to Hawks, will be waived July 19th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell reportedly re-ups with Mavericks for 2 years July 19th, 2018
- Garrett Temple traded from Sacramento to Memphis July 17th, 2018
- Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart July 10th, 2018
- Bulls to match Kings' $78M offer sheet to Zach LaVine July 7th, 2018
- Zach LaVine signs four-year, $80 million offer sheet with Kings July 6th, 2018
- Kings considering a run at Bulls' Zach LaVine June 28th, 2018
- The Sacramento Kings have taken Marvin Bagley III with the second pick of the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018