Grizzlies' Ben McLemore breaks bone in right foot
Memphis Grizzlies guard Ben McLemore underwent surgery to repair a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and will be sidelined for an estimated 12 weeks.
McLemore was playing in a pick-up game in Los Angeles when he landed on another player's foot and suffered the injury. He signed a two-year $10.7 million contract with the Grizzlies this summer in what could be his last chance at making a place for himself in the NBA. The former seventh overall pick should be back in action sometime in the first few weeks of the regular season.
McLemore had another poor season in 2016-17, averaging 8.1 points and 2.1 rebounds with a .507 effective field goal percentage. His nERD of -4.5 ranked him 460th in the league.
- Bulls' Cameron Payne notches 11 points and 6 assists in blowout loss on Wednesday March 22nd, 2018
- Dennis Smith Jr. (ankle) hoping to return for Mavericks on Saturday March 22nd, 2018
- Nets' Rondae Hollis-Jefferson scores 13, tallies 3 steals in losing effort March 22nd, 2018
- Tobias Harris scores 18 with peripherals in Clippers' defeat of Bucks March 22nd, 2018
- Rajon Rondo only scores 2 points in Pelicans' win over Pacers on Wednesday March 22nd, 2018
- Kevin Love scores 23, double-doubles in Cavs' comeback win March 22nd, 2018
- Deyonta Davis moves back to Grizzlies' second unit on Wednesday night March 21st, 2018
- Ivan Rabb (heel) ruled out for Grizzlies on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Tyreke Evans (rest) will return for Grizzlies on Thursday to close out back-to-back March 21st, 2018
- Marc Gasol (illness) returns for Grizzlies on Wednesday, will rest Thursday March 21st, 2018
- Grizzlies rule out Tyreke Evans (rest) for Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Ivan Rabb (heel) is questionable for Grizzlies on Wednesday March 20th, 2018