Grizzlies' Ben McLemore breaks bone in right foot
Memphis Grizzlies guard Ben McLemore underwent surgery to repair a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and will be sidelined for an estimated 12 weeks.
McLemore was playing in a pick-up game in Los Angeles when he landed on another player's foot and suffered the injury. He signed a two-year $10.7 million contract with the Grizzlies this summer in what could be his last chance at making a place for himself in the NBA. The former seventh overall pick should be back in action sometime in the first few weeks of the regular season.
McLemore had another poor season in 2016-17, averaging 8.1 points and 2.1 rebounds with a .507 effective field goal percentage. His nERD of -4.5 ranked him 460th in the league.
- Jeremy Lin (knee) leaves Nets' season opener early October 18th, 2017
- Jared Dudley (foot) out of Suns' lineup on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Buddy Hield starting in Kings' opener vs. Rockets October 18th, 2017
- Justin Jackson will start for Kings on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- T.J. Warren will start for the Suns on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Josh Jackson will start for Suns on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Grizzlies' Marc Gasol a top-10 fantasy center in 2017-18 October 18th, 2017
- Mike Conley focused on being 'a different kind of leader' in Memphis October 18th, 2017
- Wayne Selden (quad) won't play for Grizzlies in Wednesday's opener October 17th, 2017
- Tyreke Evans (ankle) questionable for Memphis' season opener October 17th, 2017
- Andrew Harrison will be in Grizzlies' starting lineup versus Pelicans October 17th, 2017
- James Ennis starting for Grizzlies in Wednesday's opener October 17th, 2017