Grizzlies' Ben McLemore breaks bone in right foot
Memphis Grizzlies guard Ben McLemore underwent surgery to repair a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and will be sidelined for an estimated 12 weeks.
McLemore was playing in a pick-up game in Los Angeles when he landed on another player's foot and suffered the injury. He signed a two-year $10.7 million contract with the Grizzlies this summer in what could be his last chance at making a place for himself in the NBA. The former seventh overall pick should be back in action sometime in the first few weeks of the regular season.
McLemore had another poor season in 2016-17, averaging 8.1 points and 2.1 rebounds with a .507 effective field goal percentage. His nERD of -4.5 ranked him 460th in the league.
- 76ers send Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to Thunder July 19th, 2018
- Justin Anderson goes from 76ers to Hawks July 19th, 2018
- Mike Muscala reportedly moves from Hawks to 76ers July 19th, 2018
- Thunder reportedly acquire Dennis Schroder from Hawks for Melo July 19th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony reportedly traded from Thunder to Hawks, will be waived July 19th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell reportedly re-ups with Mavericks for 2 years July 19th, 2018
- Garrett Temple traded from Sacramento to Memphis July 17th, 2018
- Spurs won't match Grizzlies offer sheet to Kyle Anderson July 9th, 2018
- Tyreke Evans finalizing a one-year deal with Indiana July 3rd, 2018
- Tyreke Evans meeting with Pacers on Tuesday July 3rd, 2018
- Grizzlies go with Jaren Jackson Jr. at 4th overall June 21st, 2018
- Magic take Mo Bamba with 6th selection June 21st, 2018