Vince Carter plays 32 minutes in Grizzlies' Game 6 loss
Memphis Grizzlies guard/forward Vince Carter scored 12 points in 32 minutes against the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, adding four rebounds, one assist, one steal and two 3-pointers.
The 40-year-old Carter was not supposed to play such a huge role this season or in this series, but the injury issues with Chandler Parsons shoved the future Hall of Famer into action for Memphis. He had to defend Kawhi Leonard for most of Game 6, which makes his final performance of the season even more impressive. If he proved anything in these playoffs, it's that he has plenty left in the tank if he wants to keep playing into his 40s.
Carter finished the regular season averaging 8.0 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists over 24.6 minutes per game. He had a .508 effective field goal percentage and his 0.6 nERD ranked him 123rd in the league this season.
- Jeremy Lin (knee) leaves Nets' season opener early October 18th, 2017
- Jared Dudley (foot) out of Suns' lineup on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Buddy Hield starting in Kings' opener vs. Rockets October 18th, 2017
- T.J. Warren will start for the Suns on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Josh Jackson will start for Suns on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Alex Len (ankle) out of Suns' lineup on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Justin Jackson will start for Kings on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Zach Randolph (mouth) ruled out for Kings opener on Wednesday October 18th, 2017
- Zach Randolph absent from Kings' morning shootaround October 18th, 2017
- George Hill (groin) does not appear on Kings' injury report October 17th, 2017
- Zach Randolph (oral surgery) is questionable to play in Kings' opener October 17th, 2017
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (ankle) ruled out for Kings' season opener October 17th, 2017