Vince Carter plays 32 minutes in Grizzlies' Game 6 loss
Memphis Grizzlies guard/forward Vince Carter scored 12 points in 32 minutes against the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, adding four rebounds, one assist, one steal and two 3-pointers.
The 40-year-old Carter was not supposed to play such a huge role this season or in this series, but the injury issues with Chandler Parsons shoved the future Hall of Famer into action for Memphis. He had to defend Kawhi Leonard for most of Game 6, which makes his final performance of the season even more impressive. If he proved anything in these playoffs, it's that he has plenty left in the tank if he wants to keep playing into his 40s.
Carter finished the regular season averaging 8.0 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists over 24.6 minutes per game. He had a .508 effective field goal percentage and his 0.6 nERD ranked him 123rd in the league this season.
- Dennis Smith Jr. (ankle) hoping to return for Mavericks on Saturday March 22nd, 2018
- Nets' Rondae Hollis-Jefferson scores 13, tallies 3 steals in losing effort March 22nd, 2018
- Tobias Harris scores 18 with peripherals in Clippers' defeat of Bucks March 22nd, 2018
- Rajon Rondo only scores 2 points in Pelicans' win over Pacers on Wednesday March 22nd, 2018
- Kevin Love scores 23, double-doubles in Cavs' comeback win March 22nd, 2018
- Joel Embiid limited to 20 minutes in Sixers' blowout of Grizzlies March 22nd, 2018
- Zach Randolph (illness) questionable for Kings on Thursday March 21st, 2018
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (hamstring) probable for Kings on Thursday March 21st, 2018
- Kings' Garrett Temple (ankle) ruled out for Thursday March 21st, 2018
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (hamstring) practices for Kings on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Skal Labissiere not starting for Sacramento on Monday March 19th, 2018
- Zach Randolph in Kings' first unit versus Pistons, Skal Labissiere on bench March 19th, 2018