Vince Carter plays 32 minutes in Grizzlies' Game 6 loss
Memphis Grizzlies guard/forward Vince Carter scored 12 points in 32 minutes against the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, adding four rebounds, one assist, one steal and two 3-pointers.
The 40-year-old Carter was not supposed to play such a huge role this season or in this series, but the injury issues with Chandler Parsons shoved the future Hall of Famer into action for Memphis. He had to defend Kawhi Leonard for most of Game 6, which makes his final performance of the season even more impressive. If he proved anything in these playoffs, it's that he has plenty left in the tank if he wants to keep playing into his 40s.
Carter finished the regular season averaging 8.0 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists over 24.6 minutes per game. He had a .508 effective field goal percentage and his 0.6 nERD ranked him 123rd in the league this season.
- Jawun Evans stuffs the stat sheet in Clippers' loss on Friday December 15th, 2017
- Bobby Portis sets a new career-high with 27 points in Bulls' win December 15th, 2017
- Russell Westbrook logs a monstrous triple-double in Thunder's triple-OT win December 15th, 2017
- Wizards' Otto Porter day-to-day with a thigh bruise December 15th, 2017
- Lakers' Kentavious Caldwell-Pope missed Thursday's game due to legal matter December 15th, 2017
- Spurs' Tony Parker starting on Friday, will sit out on Saturday December 15th, 2017
- De'Aaron Fox (quad) day-to-day for Sacramento December 15th, 2017
- De'Aaron Fox (quad contusion) will not return on Thursday for Sacramento December 14th, 2017
- Kings' Buddy Hield scores 14 in win over Suns December 13th, 2017
- Kings top Suns despite quiet night from De'Aaron Fox December 13th, 2017
- Zach Randolph scores 17 points in Kings' win over Suns December 13th, 2017
- Kings' want George Hill to be more assertive on offense December 13th, 2017