Vince Carter plays 32 minutes in Grizzlies' Game 6 loss
Memphis Grizzlies guard/forward Vince Carter scored 12 points in 32 minutes against the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday, adding four rebounds, one assist, one steal and two 3-pointers.
The 40-year-old Carter was not supposed to play such a huge role this season or in this series, but the injury issues with Chandler Parsons shoved the future Hall of Famer into action for Memphis. He had to defend Kawhi Leonard for most of Game 6, which makes his final performance of the season even more impressive. If he proved anything in these playoffs, it's that he has plenty left in the tank if he wants to keep playing into his 40s.
Carter finished the regular season averaging 8.0 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists over 24.6 minutes per game. He had a .508 effective field goal percentage and his 0.6 nERD ranked him 123rd in the league this season.
- 76ers send Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to Thunder July 19th, 2018
- Justin Anderson goes from 76ers to Hawks July 19th, 2018
- Mike Muscala reportedly moves from Hawks to 76ers July 19th, 2018
- Thunder reportedly acquire Dennis Schroder from Hawks for Melo July 19th, 2018
- Carmelo Anthony reportedly traded from Thunder to Hawks, will be waived July 19th, 2018
- Yogi Ferrell reportedly re-ups with Mavericks for 2 years July 19th, 2018
- Garrett Temple traded from Sacramento to Memphis July 17th, 2018
- Kings will pursue Celtics' free agent guard Marcus Smart July 10th, 2018
- Bulls to match Kings' $78M offer sheet to Zach LaVine July 7th, 2018
- Zach LaVine signs four-year, $80 million offer sheet with Kings July 6th, 2018
- Kings considering a run at Bulls' Zach LaVine June 28th, 2018
- The Sacramento Kings have taken Marvin Bagley III with the second pick of the 2018 NBA Draft June 21st, 2018