Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal
The Texas Rangers have agreed to a minor league deal with infielder Trevor Plouffe.
The 31-year-old Plouffe will get a shot to make the opening day roster as a backup infielder. The Rangers could use him at either corner infield spot (behind Adrian Beltre and Joey Gallo) or as a designated hitter.
Plouffe batted .198 with 9 homers and 19 RBI in 313 plate appearances with the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland A's last season.
- Austin Barnes starting at catcher for Dodgers on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Dodgers' Yasmani Grandal sitting on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Jonathan Schoop draws start for Brewers in Game 4 Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Manny Pina behind the bag for Milwaukee in Game 4 versus Dodgers October 16th, 2018
- Brian Dozier starting at second base for Dodgers on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger resting for Dodgers on Tuesday October 16th, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018
- Andrew Knapp starting for Phillies Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Phillies' Dylan Cozens starting on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Jorge Alfaro catching for Philadelphia on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Andrew Knapp sitting on Saturday for Philadelphia September 29th, 2018