Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal
The Texas Rangers have agreed to a minor league deal with infielder Trevor Plouffe.
The 31-year-old Plouffe will get a shot to make the opening day roster as a backup infielder. The Rangers could use him at either corner infield spot (behind Adrian Beltre and Joey Gallo) or as a designated hitter.
Plouffe batted .198 with 9 homers and 19 RBI in 313 plate appearances with the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland A's last season.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Mariners ship Carlos Santana to Cleveland December 13th, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Mariners' Jean Segura traded to Phillies in five-player deal December 3rd, 2018
- Roman Quinn hitting third for Philadelphia in Sunday's finale September 30th, 2018
- Jose Bautista in Phillies' lineup versus Braves September 30th, 2018
- Andrew Knapp starting for Phillies Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018