Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal
The Texas Rangers have agreed to a minor league deal with infielder Trevor Plouffe.
The 31-year-old Plouffe will get a shot to make the opening day roster as a backup infielder. The Rangers could use him at either corner infield spot (behind Adrian Beltre and Joey Gallo) or as a designated hitter.
Plouffe batted .198 with 9 homers and 19 RBI in 313 plate appearances with the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland A's last season.
- Twins' Miguel Sano (hamstring) on track to return Friday May 21st, 2018
- Alex Reyes (elbow) will join Cardinals' rotation when ready to return May 21st, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw will throw simulated game on Saturday May 21st, 2018
- Zach Davies (shoulder) to start on Thursday for Milwaukee May 21st, 2018
- Brent Suter to make another start for the Brewers on Wednesday May 21st, 2018
- Enrique Hernandez is not in the lineup on Monday for Los Angeles May 21st, 2018
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (hamstring) progressing, remains weeks away from return May 21st, 2018
- Ronald Guzman in the Rangers' lineup on Monday May 21st, 2018
- Rangers' Robinson Chirinos starting on Monday against the Yankees May 21st, 2018
- Rangers' Isiah Kiner-Falefa batting third on Monday May 21st, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos on Rangers' bench in Sunday's series finale May 20th, 2018
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa out of Rangers' lineup versus White Sox May 20th, 2018