Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal
The Texas Rangers have agreed to a minor league deal with infielder Trevor Plouffe.
The 31-year-old Plouffe will get a shot to make the opening day roster as a backup infielder. The Rangers could use him at either corner infield spot (behind Adrian Beltre and Joey Gallo) or as a designated hitter.
Plouffe batted .198 with 9 homers and 19 RBI in 313 plate appearances with the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland A's last season.
- Ronald Acuña avoids structural damage in elbow, day-to-day for Braves August 16th, 2018
- Joey Wendle batting second for Rays in Thursday's series finale August 16th, 2018
- Matt Duffy on Rays' bench against Yankees August 16th, 2018
- Tommy Pham (foot) active, starting for Tampa Bay on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Yankees' Kyle Higashioka starting on Thursday afternoon August 16th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back for Yankees after one-game breather August 16th, 2018
- Carlos Santana out of the Phillies' lineup on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Justin Bour starting for Phillies on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Phillies' Wilson Ramos (hamstring) activated from DL and starting on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Odubel Herrera back in action for Phillies on Tuesday August 14th, 2018
- Rhys Hoskins hitting cleanup for Phillies on Tuesday August 14th, 2018
- Asdrubal Cabrera batting third for Phillies on Tuesday August 14th, 2018