Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018
Texas Rangers first/third baseman Joey Gallo will begin the 2018 season as the team's everyday starting first baseman.
Gallo started 52 games at first base but spent the rest of the year split between left field and third. However, with Adrain Beltre healthy and locked into third base, Gallo will get some certainty and start at first in 2018.
Gallo batted just .209 but cranked 41 homers with 80 RBI and 7 steals in 532 plate appearances in 2017.
- Ronald Acuña avoids structural damage in elbow, day-to-day for Braves August 16th, 2018
- Joey Wendle batting second for Rays in Thursday's series finale August 16th, 2018
- Matt Duffy on Rays' bench against Yankees August 16th, 2018
- Tommy Pham (foot) active, starting for Tampa Bay on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Yankees' Kyle Higashioka starting on Thursday afternoon August 16th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back for Yankees after one-game breather August 16th, 2018
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa behind the plate for Rangers on Tuesday August 14th, 2018
- Joey Gallo out of Rangers' lineup against Diamondbacks August 14th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre out of Rangers' lineup Tuesday with hamstring issue August 14th, 2018
- Jurickson Profar starting for Rangers on Tuesday August 14th, 2018
- Rangers' Isiah Kiner-Falefa not in the lineup on Monday August 13th, 2018
- Willie Calhoun starting in left field for Texas on Monday August 13th, 2018