Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018
Texas Rangers first/third baseman Joey Gallo will begin the 2018 season as the team's everyday starting first baseman.
Gallo started 52 games at first base but spent the rest of the year split between left field and third. However, with Adrain Beltre healthy and locked into third base, Gallo will get some certainty and start at first in 2018.
Gallo batted just .209 but cranked 41 homers with 80 RBI and 7 steals in 532 plate appearances in 2017.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Drew Robinson in Ranger's Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Willie Calhoun starting in Rangers' Sunday lineup September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Ronald Guzman starting at first base on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Joey Gallo batting fifth on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Rangers' Nomar Mazara not starting on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Jurickson Profar sitting for Rangers on Sunday September 30th, 2018