Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018
Texas Rangers first/third baseman Joey Gallo will begin the 2018 season as the team's everyday starting first baseman.
Gallo started 52 games at first base but spent the rest of the year split between left field and third. However, with Adrain Beltre healthy and locked into third base, Gallo will get some certainty and start at first in 2018.
Gallo batted just .209 but cranked 41 homers with 80 RBI and 7 steals in 532 plate appearances in 2017.
- Giants sign Tony Watson to three-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Twins sign Anibal Sanchez to one-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Rockies' Gerardo Parra (hands) undergoes surgery to remove hamate bone February 16th, 2018
- Blue Jays sign Jaime Garcia to one-year, $8 million contract February 15th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder inflammation) 'a couple weeks behind' February 15th, 2018
- Rangers sign Edinson Volquez to two-year minor league deal February 17th, 2018
- Trevor Plouffe and Texas agree to a minor league deal February 12th, 2018
- Joey Gallo will be the Rangers' starting first baseman in 2018 February 12th, 2018
- Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations February 7th, 2018
- Rangers sign Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract February 5th, 2018
- Ryan Rua starting at first base Sunday in Texas October 1st, 2017