Bud Norris and Cardinals agree to one-year deal
The St. Louis Cardinals and free agent pitcher Bud Norris have agreed to a one-year, $3M deal, pending a physical, per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
Despite primarily being used in relief last season with the Los Angeles Angels, the Cardinals are expected to give Norris a shot at earning a spot in the rotation. The veteran pitcher had started 33 games the previous 3 seasons.
Norris finished 2017 with 19 saves, 3.66 xFIP, 1.34 WHIP, and 74 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched.
- Ronald Acuña avoids structural damage in elbow, day-to-day for Braves August 16th, 2018
- Joey Wendle batting second for Rays in Thursday's series finale August 16th, 2018
- Matt Duffy on Rays' bench against Yankees August 16th, 2018
- Tommy Pham (foot) active, starting for Tampa Bay on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Yankees' Kyle Higashioka starting on Thursday afternoon August 16th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back for Yankees after one-game breather August 16th, 2018
- Patrick Wisdom heads to the Cards' bench on Monday August 13th, 2018
- Greg Garcia not in the Cardinals' Monday lineup August 13th, 2018
- Kolten Wong starting at second base for St. Louis on Monday August 13th, 2018
- Tyson Ross will start for the Cardinals on Sunday August 12th, 2018
- Luke Weaver (finger) scratched; Tyson Ross to start for St. Louis on Sunday August 12th, 2018
- Greg Garcia in lineup on Sunday for St. Louis August 12th, 2018