Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract
Pitcher Yu Darvish has come to an agreement with the Chicago Cubs on a six-year, $126 million contract, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
The deal is pending a physical, but we finally have one of the biggest free agents off the board in what has mostly been a quiet baseball offseason. Darvish will also have a chance to make as much as $150 million through incentives. The Cubs are set to enter the season with a rotation of Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks and Tyler Chatwood. Perhaps this will set the wheels in motion for other free agent signings.
Last season, Darvish pitched 186 2/3 innings with a 3.86 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 209 strikeouts.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Cubs' Addison Russell receives retroactive 40-game suspension October 4th, 2018
- Ben Zobrist leading off for Cubs in NL Wild Card Game October 2nd, 2018
- Cubs' David Bote getting the start at third in Tuesday's Wild Card Game October 2nd, 2018
- Albert Almora starting in centerfield for Chicago in the Wild Card Game October 2nd, 2018
- Kris Bryant moved up to second in Cubs' lineup for NL Wild Card Game October 2nd, 2018
- Cubs' Daniel Murphy dropped to sixth in the lineup for NL Wild Card Game October 2nd, 2018