Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract
Pitcher Yu Darvish has come to an agreement with the Chicago Cubs on a six-year, $126 million contract, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
The deal is pending a physical, but we finally have one of the biggest free agents off the board in what has mostly been a quiet baseball offseason. Darvish will also have a chance to make as much as $150 million through incentives. The Cubs are set to enter the season with a rotation of Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks and Tyler Chatwood. Perhaps this will set the wheels in motion for other free agent signings.
Last season, Darvish pitched 186 2/3 innings with a 3.86 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 209 strikeouts.
- Twins' Miguel Sano (hamstring) on track to return Friday May 21st, 2018
- Alex Reyes (elbow) will join Cardinals' rotation when ready to return May 21st, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw will throw simulated game on Saturday May 21st, 2018
- Zach Davies (shoulder) to start on Thursday for Milwaukee May 21st, 2018
- Brent Suter to make another start for the Brewers on Wednesday May 21st, 2018
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (hamstring) progressing, remains weeks away from return May 21st, 2018
- Javier Baez homers as part of 3-hit day in Cubs' win May 21st, 2018
- Javier Baez starting for Cubs on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Kyle Schwarber starting for Chicago on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Albert Almora Jr. starting for Cubs on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Addison Russell not in Cubs' lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Kris Bryant sitting for Cubs on Sunday May 20th, 2018