Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract
Pitcher Yu Darvish has come to an agreement with the Chicago Cubs on a six-year, $126 million contract, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
The deal is pending a physical, but we finally have one of the biggest free agents off the board in what has mostly been a quiet baseball offseason. Darvish will also have a chance to make as much as $150 million through incentives. The Cubs are set to enter the season with a rotation of Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks and Tyler Chatwood. Perhaps this will set the wheels in motion for other free agent signings.
Last season, Darvish pitched 186 2/3 innings with a 3.86 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 209 strikeouts.
- Giants sign Tony Watson to three-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Rangers sign Edinson Volquez to two-year minor league deal February 17th, 2018
- Twins sign Anibal Sanchez to one-year deal February 17th, 2018
- Mets reportedly agree to deal with Jason Vargas February 16th, 2018
- Rockies' Gerardo Parra (hands) undergoes surgery to remove hamate bone February 16th, 2018
- Blue Jays sign Jaime Garcia to one-year, $8 million contract February 15th, 2018
- Chase Utley re-signs with the Dodgers on a 2-year deal February 13th, 2018
- Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract February 10th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Corey Seager (back) officially on Dodgers' World Series roster October 24th, 2017