Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract
Pitcher Yu Darvish has come to an agreement with the Chicago Cubs on a six-year, $126 million contract, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.
The deal is pending a physical, but we finally have one of the biggest free agents off the board in what has mostly been a quiet baseball offseason. Darvish will also have a chance to make as much as $150 million through incentives. The Cubs are set to enter the season with a rotation of Darvish, Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks and Tyler Chatwood. Perhaps this will set the wheels in motion for other free agent signings.
Last season, Darvish pitched 186 2/3 innings with a 3.86 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 209 strikeouts.
- Ronald Acuña avoids structural damage in elbow, day-to-day for Braves August 16th, 2018
- Joey Wendle batting second for Rays in Thursday's series finale August 16th, 2018
- Matt Duffy on Rays' bench against Yankees August 16th, 2018
- Tommy Pham (foot) active, starting for Tampa Bay on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Yankees' Kyle Higashioka starting on Thursday afternoon August 16th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back for Yankees after one-game breather August 16th, 2018
- Ben Zobrist on Cubs' bench versus Brewers August 15th, 2018
- Ian Happ out of Cubs' lineup on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Tommy La Stella out of Cubs' lineup against Brewers August 15th, 2018
- Albert Almora Jr. starting for Cubs versus Milwaukee August 15th, 2018
- David Bote starting for Cubs on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Anthony Rizzo moves into Cubs' cleanup spot on Wednesday afternoon August 15th, 2018