Free agent Alex Rios has received offers, but no significant roles
Free agent outfielder Alex Rios received offers, but has been seeking a "significant role" with a team, MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports.
The Royals declined their part of Rios' $12.5 million club option for 2016. Not surprisingly, the 35-year-old didn't receive much interest for a prominent role over the winter. At this point, retirement could be the next step.
Rios batted just .255 with four home runs and a .640 OPS over 105 games last season.
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Royals' Danny Duffy undergoes left elbow surgery October 3rd, 2017
- Drew Butera starting at catcher Sunday for Royals October 1st, 2017
- Brandon Moss not in the Royals' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Melky Cabrera is in the Royals' starting lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Lorenzo Cain is batting ninth for the Royals on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Cam Gallagher is catching on Saturday for the Royals September 30th, 2017