Free agent Alex Rios has received offers, but no significant roles
Free agent outfielder Alex Rios received offers, but has been seeking a "significant role" with a team, MLB Network's Jon Heyman reports.
The Royals declined their part of Rios' $12.5 million club option for 2016. Not surprisingly, the 35-year-old didn't receive much interest for a prominent role over the winter. At this point, retirement could be the next step.
Rios batted just .255 with four home runs and a .640 OPS over 105 games last season.
- Arizona's Steven Souza (shoulder) undergoing an MRI on Thursday March 22nd, 2018
- Tigers' Mike Fiers (back) expected to start season on the disabled list March 21st, 2018
- Jose Abreu (hamstring) expects to return for White Sox by Friday March 21st, 2018
- Michael Brantley (ankle) will make Cactus League debut for Indians on Wednesday March 21st, 2018
- Nationals' Daniel Murphy (knee) won't be ready by Opening Day March 21st, 2018
- Oakland Khris Davis (illness) will return to action on Wednesday March 20th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Royals name Danny Duffy Opening Day starter March 15th, 2018
- Royals' Jorge Bonifacio suspended 80 games for positive PED test March 11th, 2018
- Mike Moustakas signs 1-year, $5.5 million deal with Royals March 8th, 2018
- Jon Jay, Royals agree to one-year deal March 6th, 2018
- Lucas Duda signs one-year deal with Royals February 28th, 2018