Cubs' Yu Darvish lifted from Cactus League start with blister
Chicago Cubs pitcher Yu Darvish made an early exit from a Cactus League start Tuesday due to a blister on his right ring finger.
Darvish left after throwing a pitch in the top of the fifth inning. The blister shouldn't cause him to miss his first turn in the Cubs' rotation. The 32-year-old right-hander only made eight starts last season due to elbow and triceps injuries.
numberFire's models expect Darvish to record a 3.93 ERA and 1.32 WHIP with 158 strikeouts and 60 walks across 139 2/3 innings in 2019.
- Yankees' Clint Frazier (ankle) going for an MRI on Wednesday April 24th, 2019
- Tyler Skaggs (ankle) to come off the IL and start for Angels on Friday April 24th, 2019
- Blue Jays' Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to make his big league debut on Friday April 24th, 2019
- Gio Urshela getting the start at third base Wednesday for New York April 24th, 2019
- Thairo Estrada back on the Yankees' bench Wednesday April 24th, 2019
- Austin Romine not in New York's Wednesday lineup April 24th, 2019
- Jon Lester (hamstring) returning for Cubs Thursday April 24th, 2019
- Albert Almora Jr. starting in center field for the Cubs on Wednesday April 24th, 2019
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist given Wednesday off April 24th, 2019
- Cubs' Addison Russell (suspension) to begin playing games in Triple-A on Wednesday April 23rd, 2019
- Jason Heyward starting for Cubs in Tuesday's opener April 23rd, 2019
- Daniel Descalso in Cubs' Tuesday lineup April 23rd, 2019