Jeremy Jeffress (shoulder) ruled out for Brewers on Opening Day
Milwaukee Brewers reliever Jeremy Jeffress (sore right shoulder) will open the 2019 regular season on the injured list.
Brewers manager Craig Counsell conceded last week that Jeffress was unlikely to be cleared in time for Opening Day. However, the 31-year-old right-hander continues to progress and is scheduled for a bullpen session on Thursday, so it might be a short stint on the IL.
Prior to this announcement, numberFire's models expected Jeffress to record a 3.00 ERA and 1.19 WHIP with 75 strikeouts and 28 walks across 70 innings this season.
- Phillies-Nationals game on Tuesday is postponed June 18th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer suffers a nose injury on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Dodgers' Kenta Maeda to get an extra day of rest before next start June 18th, 2019
- Blue Jays promote Billy McKinney to the active roster on Tuesday June 18th, 2019
- Austin Voth to be called up to start for Nationals Wednesday June 18th, 2019
- Yoan Moncada (back) expected to be back in White Sox lineup Wednesday June 18th, 2019
- Travis Shaw sitting Monday for Milwaukee June 17th, 2019
- Eric Thames on Brewers' bench Monday June 17th, 2019
- Jesus Aguilar starting for Brewers in San Diego June 17th, 2019
- Ben Gamel out of Brewers' lineup Monday June 17th, 2019
- Lorenzo Cain starting for Milwaukee Monday night June 17th, 2019
- Hernan Perez in Brewers' lineup for Monday's opener June 17th, 2019